ur Nursery class and Reception class are collectively known as the Early Years Foundation Stage, working towards the EYFS curriculum which leads into Key Stage 1.
The areas of the curriculum are:
- Communication and language development which involves giving children opportunities to speak and listen in a range of situations and to develop their confidence and skills in expressing themselves.
- Physical development which involves providing opportunities for young children to be active and interactive, and to develop their co-ordination, control, and movement. Children must also be helped to understand the importance of physical activity, and to make healthy choices in relation to food.
- Personal, social and emotional development involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves and others; to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings; to understand appropriate behaviour in groups; and to have confidence in their own abilities.
- Literacy development involves encouraging children to read and write, both through listening to others reading, and being encouraged to begin to read and write themselves. Children are given access to a wide range of reading materials to ignite their interest.
- Mathematics development involves providing children with opportunities to practise and improve their skills in counting numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems, and to describe shapes, spaces and measures.
- Understanding of the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
- Expressive arts and design involves supporting children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role play, and design and technology.
St. James Place
Tel: 01217 447 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Shahzad Yousuf
The City of London College
71 Whitechapel High Street
Tel: 020 7247 email@example.com
Web design:Triforce Solutions